If you are an individual with a disability who needs an accommodation in order to participate in a county meeting or other county service, program, or activity, you are entitled under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance.
Please make a request for assistance as far in advance as possible, preferably, at least 72 hours before the scheduled meeting or other county activity. Complete the Meeting Accommodation Request Form to make a request or call 850-595-4947.
Escambia County will make reasonable modifications in policies, practices, and procedures; furnish auxiliary aids and services; and afford program accessibility through the provision of accessible facilities, the location of services or programs, or the provision of services at alternative sites, as appropriate and necessary.
Examples of auxiliary aids or services that Escambia County may provide for qualified individuals with disabilities include:
- Assistive listening devices
- Qualified ASL or other types of interpreters for persons with hearing loss
- Communication access real-time translation / Real-time transcription services
- Accessible formats such as large print, Braille, electronic document, or audio tapes
- Qualified readers
Examples of aids or services Escambia County cannot provide as an accommodation under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act include:
- Transportation to and from a meeting, program or activity
- Personal devices such as wheelchairs, hearing aids, or prescription eyeglasses
- Personal services such as medical or attendant care
- Readers for personal use or study
To report ADA issues, please click here or contact Director of Human Resources Jana Still at email@example.com or 850-595-1637.