Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund
Escambia County will receive a total of $61.7 million in two installments, with 50% ($30,914,575.50) provided beginning in May 2021 and the balance delivered approximately 12 months later.
The county may use the funds to:
- Support public health expenditures related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Address negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency
- Provide premium pay for essential workers
- Replace public sector revenue lost due to the pandemic
- Invest in necessary improvements to water, sewer and broadband infrastructure
*Within these categories, fund recipients have broad flexibility to decide how to best use this funding to meet needs.
Process for Determining Use of State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds
- June 10, 2021: Committee of the Whole discussion took place with the County Commissioners
- Aug. 27, 2021: This Escambia County American Rescue Plan webpage went live and is available to the public.
- Sept. 17, 2021: The Escambia County American Rescue Plan Survey opened on Friday, Sept. 17, 2021 until 11:50 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 30, 2021.
- Sept. 30, 2021: The Escambia County American Rescue Plan Survey closed at 11:50 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 30, 2021.
- Oct. 8, 2021: The Escambia County American Rescue Plan Survey results were published on the webpage.
Community Needs Survey
- Residents, business and community organizations are able to provide feedback on community needs that have developed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Community Needs Survey.
- The public was asked to submit input to the Escambia County American Rescue Plan Survey by 11:50 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 30, 2021. It was available in English and Spanish online and at the community centers and libraries listed in this news release.
- Click here to view the results of the Escambia County American Rescue Plan Survey.
Aug. 31, 2021: Escambia County - State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds - Recovery Plan Performance Report through July 31, 2021
Emergency Rental Assistance Plan
Escambia County will receive an allocation of $9,611,771 from the Department of the Treasury to assist renters impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic with rent and/or utility assistance. Click here for more information about the Emergency Rental Assistance Plan.
About the American Rescue Plan
On March 11, 2021, President Joe Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (H.R. 1319) into law. The $1.9 trillion package, based on President Biden's American Rescue Plan, is intended to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, including public health and economic impacts.
As part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, the $362 billion Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund provides local fiscal aid to support urgent COVID-19 response efforts, cover increased expenditures, replenish lost revenue and mitigate economic harm from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The distribution of the $362 billion is allocated as follows:
- States Fiscal Recovery Fund ($219.8 billion)
- States and District of Columbia: $195.3 billion
- U.S. Territories: $4.5 billion
- Tribal Governments: $20 billion
- Local Fiscal Recovery Fund ($130.2 billion)
- $65.1 billion in direct federal aid to all counties
- $65.1 billion to cities and other non-county municipalities
- Coronavirus Capital Projects ($10 billion)
- Local Assistance and Tribal Consistency Fund ($2 billion)
Funds may cover costs from March 3, 2021 through December 24, 2024.
Federal Guidance About the Use of the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund
Send questions about the American Rescue Plan in Escambia County to email@example.com