Escambia County is proud to present two snorkeling reefs - Pensacola Beach Gulf Snorkel Reef and Pensacola Bay Snorkel Reef.
Snorkeling is a wonderful activity that can be enjoyed by almost anyone who has access to the ocean, a lake, river, pond or quarry. Snorkeling as an activity frequently lives in the shadow of scuba diving - another excellent pastime, but one that requires significantly more instruction, time and money. Most people who have snorkeled have done so only on group charters while on vacation, but snorkeling is an activity that can be enjoyed almost anytime, anywhere.
Important Snorkeling Reef Information
1. Florida Law requires the use of the "Divers-Down Flag"
2. Snorkeling Reef is not patrolled by lifeguards; use at own risk. Be aware of boat traffic, dangerous marine life, strong wave surge and currents, etc.
3. Always dive with a buddy; never dive alone!
4. Use a personal flotation device, snorkeling vest or other buoyancy aid.
5. Snorkelers and divers should adhere to beach warning flags.