- The Check Diversion program assists in reducing the docket for the Escambia County court system.
- Offenders are required to make restitution to victims and pay the appropriate fees. This process often precludes offenders from court proceedings.
- Check Diversion works with the State Attorney to provide documentation of completion of restitution and court fines.
- Administrative fee: $50 per month
- State Attorney fee per check: $25-40 per check
- Reinstatement fee to Check Diversion: $35
Money orders, Visa or MasterCard credit cards accepted for all fees.
- Defendants will be given written and verbal instructions as to the process for clearing their checks with the appropriate business, individual or agency. The check diversion officer will also maintain a list of the checks, payments and due dates for payments.
- Defendants will report monthly, or as needed, to their officer.
- When defendants are placed in the Check Diversion Program, the court withholds sentencing and allows defendants to make restitution and pay their fine in order to have their charges dropped.