Escambia County is offering two free after school programs for youth starting this fall at the Brownsville Community Resource Center and the Ebonwood Community Center, providing a stimulating environment for students five days a week.
Play, Learn, Grow - Brownsville Community Resource Center
The Play, Learn, Grow after school program is open to students in grades K-12, with educational and recreational activities throughout the school year. The program will begin Monday, Aug. 20 and run through Friday, May 24, 2019.
- Homework assistance
- Subject remediation
- Project-based learning activities
- When: Mondays-Fridays, 2:30-5:30 p.m. Aug. 20, 2018 through May 24, 2019
- Where: Brownsville Community Resource Center, 3200 W. De Soto St., Pensacola
- Cost: FREE
- Registration: Mondays-Fridays, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Brownsville Community Resource Center
For more information, please call the Brownsville Community Center at 850-595-7858 or the Escambia County Neighborhood & Human Services Department at 850-595-3130.
The Youth Connection - Ebonwood Community Center
The Youth Connection provides youth ages 6-18 the opportunity to participate in educational, cultural, sports, and community enrichment programs; to build confidence and self-esteem; to encourage our youth to say "NO" to gangs, drugs, and violence; and "YES" to hope, learning and life. The program begins Monday, Aug. 20 and runs through Friday, May 24, 2019.
- Academic enrichment
- Arts and crafts
- Educational programs
- Drama and cultural activities
- Special events
- Team-building activities
- Leadership skills building
- Homework help and tutoring
- Sports, fitness and games
- Nutritional programs
- Guest speakers
- Supervised computer use
- Job-readiness training
- And more!
- When: Mondays-Fridays, 2:30-5:30 p.m., Aug. 20, 2018 through May 24, 2019
- Where: Ebonwood Community Center, 3511 W. Scott St., Pensacola
- Cost: FREE
- Registration: Mondays-Fridays, 3-5 p.m. beginning Monday, Aug. 6 at the Ebonwood Community Center
For more information, please contact Community Center Coordinator Leroy Williams at 850-426-1156 or email@example.com.