- Ascension Medical Group Sacred Heart- Due to decreased demand for testing and lower rates of COVID-19 in the community, Ascension Medical Group Sacred Heart will close its drive-thru COVID-19 testing centers after April 1.
- Ascension Sacred Heart will continue to provide COVID-19 testing at its Urgent Care Centers in Pensacola and Pace. The Urgent Care Center on Highway 29 in Pensacola and the Urgent Care Center on Highway 90 in Pace are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (The Urgent Care Centers will reduce their hours on Easter Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Ascension Sacred Heart stands ready to ramp up drive-thru testing if there is another spike of the virus in the community.
- Ascension Medical Group Sacred Heart opened the first regional drive-through testing center for COVID-19 on Monday, March 16, 2020. The schedule for Ascension Medical Group Sacred Heart’s drive-through center in Pensacola provides community testing for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- Community Health Northwest Florida —
If you don't have a healthcare provider or health insurance, call Community Health Northwest Florida at 850-436-4630.
To request a Covid-19 rapid test appointment at a Community Health Northwest Florida testing site, individuals no longer need to call the Ascension Sacred Heart Call Center.
Instead, individuals may now call the CHNWF designated Testing phone line: 850-390- 4276 and speak directly to a CHNWF team member, who will be able pre-screen and schedule patients for Covid-19 rapid tests as well as provide general testing information.
Please check the Community Health Northwest Florida Facebook page for updates and additional information.
- Community Health Northwest Florida now offers drive-through COVID-19 testing 3 days per week from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Mondays at 2315 W. Jackson St., Pensacola
- Wednesdays at Cantonment Pediatrics, 470 S. US Hwy 29 in Cantonment
- Fridays at 2315 W. Jackson St., Pensacola
For send out tests, no appointment is required.
For rapid tests (for symptomatic individuals), appointment is required; please call the CHNWF Covid-19 testing call center at 850-390-4276.
- Baptist Health Care - Call the screening center at 850-434-4080 Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to determine if you need an appointment. Online assessment screenings are also available at eBaptistHealthCare.org or by texting “Screen” to 850-318-3080. The online assessment screening is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- OneBlood is testing all blood donations for the COVID-19 antibody. The antibody test is authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and will indicate if the donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to the virus, regardless of whether they ever showed symptoms. Appointments to donate are required. Masks are required to be worn by all blood donors. You may wear your own or we will provide one for you if needed. To protect our team members and other donors, please do not present to donate if you are not feeling well or have a fever. Please stay home and consider donating once you feel better.
Beginning Monday, April 5, all individuals age 18 and older are eligible to receive the vaccine. The only vaccine currently authorized for 16- and 17-year-olds is the Pfizer vaccine, which will be available to them in Florida. (Governor's Office News Release)
Floridians are encouraged to pre-register at www.myvaccine.fl.gov. Once pre-registered, they’ll be contacted when the vaccine is available in their area. Floridians can also call the vaccine preregistration phone number for their county, listed HERE.
Watch the Governor’s announcement by clicking HERE.
To date, more than 1,500 homebound seniors have been vaccinated by state strike teams. The state is launching a new way for homebound seniors to sign up to have the vaccine come directly to them. Please email HomeboundVaccine@em.myflorida.com to put in your request.
Ascension Sacred Heart
Baptist Health Care
Vaccination Appointments Available at Baptist Health Care
Baptist Health Care has ample supplies of COVID-19 vaccine and is offering appointments the week of April 5 at Baptist Medical Park – Nine Mile located at 9400 University Parkway in Pensacola, Baptist Medical Park – Navarre located at 8888 Navarre Parkway in Navarre, and Andrews Institute located at 1040 Gulf Breeze Highway in Gulf Breeze. Vaccinations will be given by appointment only. No walk-ins will be available.
Beginning April 5, all Florida residents age 18 or older will be eligible to receive the vaccine.
How to Make a Vaccination Appointment
Appointments can be made one of three ways:
- Visit EasySchedule.com. Click “procedure appointment” and complete the registration.
- Email name and contact information to BHCVaccine@bhcpns.org.
- For those who do not have email/internet access, call 850.908.SHOT (7468), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Community Health Northwest Florida
Community Health Northwest Florida will hold several Moderna COVID-19 vaccination clinics throughout the week of April 19-23. Appointments are required. Eligible persons who wish to participate in one of these events should call the Community Health COVID-19 Vaccine Call Center at 850-439-3358 to schedule an appointment.
Tuesday, April 20
Location: Brownsville Community Center – 3200 W. De Soto St., Pensacola Vaccine: Moderna COVID-19 vaccine 1st Dose
Time: 3 – 7 p.m.
Thursday, April 22
Location: 4–H Building - 3730 Stefani Road, Cantonment
Vaccine: Moderna COVID-19 vaccine 1st Dose
Time: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Friday, April 23
Location: Brownsville Community Center - 3200 W. De Soto St., Pensacola
Vaccine: Moderna COVID-19 vaccine 1st Dose
Time: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
These clinics are open to all Florida residents who qualify to receive the vaccine, including those covered under the Governor’s latest Executive Orders. Currently, the amended order expands the groups eligible to receive the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine in Florida to include all people age 18 and older.
IMPORTANT: All participants will be required to show photo ID at time of appointment. Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days or have had symptoms of illness (fever, cough, shortness of breath) in the past 14 days should not receive the vaccine.
Florida Department of Health in Escambia County
- FDOH-Escambia announced this week’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan and announced two walk-in clinics this week in Escambia County. During the week of April 12, 2021, FDOH-Escambia is offering same-day clinic appointments and will hold 2 off-site clinics for Florida residents 18 and older:
- Saturday, April 17 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at FDOH-Escambia: 1295 W Fairfield Dr, Pensacola, FL. Walk-in, no appointment needed.
- Residents can use the statewide preregistration system, at myvaccine.fl.gov to get in line for appointments as new schedules are opened. They may also call 850-595-6554 to be scheduled into any remaining available appointments. Questions can be directed to FDOH-Escambia’s COVID-19 phone line at 850-595-6500 option 6.
- Escambia County residents should use the statewide preregistration system to sign up for vaccination. Residents can call the toll-free line at 866-201-1025 or preregister online at myvaccine.fl.gov. The TTY number for the deaf and hard of hearing is 833-476-1461. Registrants will be notified when appointments are available in their area.
- The State has established a help line at 833-959-0217 for those who need to make changes to their original pre-registration. This pre-registration system will proactively contact vaccine-eligible individuals to schedule appointments when they are available at health department or emergency management vaccine sites.
- Appointments are opened based upon the vaccine supply received each week from the State of Florida. Please be aware that when ShareCare calls you to schedule an appointment, they will NOT ask for financial information or social security information.
Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System
• The Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System's Joint Ambulatory Care Center in Pensacola and the Biloxi Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Mississippi offers COVID-19 vaccinations by appointment only from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. based on availability.
The Federal Retail Pharmacy Program
- Register in advance at CVS.com or through the CVS Pharmacy app. People without online access can contact CVS customer service at (800) 746-7287. Walk-in vaccinations without an appointment will not be provided.
Walmart and Sam's Club
Winn-Dixie - Monitor the Winn-Dixie online portal here.
State of Florida
- Sign up for text message updates about the vaccine and distribution by texting “FLCOVID19” to 888777. After you submit the text message, it will ask you to supply your zip code for local-level updates.
- Florida has launched a COVID-19 Vaccine Report that will be updated daily. This report includes a breakdown of who has received the vaccine by age, race, sex and county. Check out the latest number of vaccinations on the Escambia County COVID-19 dashboard.
- Information about the statewide vaccine distribution plan can be found at floridahealthcovid19.gov/covid-19-vaccines-in-florida.
- Citizen’s call line for vaccine concerns (Governor’s Office): (850) 717-9337
- The Florida Health Department has a brand new COVID-19 vaccine locator site. The new site will allow Floridians to find vaccine sites by county or city and contains contact information for each location. See all locations here - http://ow.ly/k0FX50De10y